The new working procedures for driving lessons with Paragon Driving School
Obviously we cant keep the new 1m plus rule in a car, so with everybodys safety in mind, we have taken the following precautions to help stop the spread of covid 19!
Please read and follow the new procedures before attending any lessons
Firstly before the lesson
- Consider whether you have had any suspected symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days or have been in contact with someone who has within the last 14 days.
- You need to be 100% happy with your state of health and if you are not, don’t start the lesson and explain you need to cancel until you have recovered fully. Ideally do this before every lesson you have, even if you only had a lesson the day before.
- If in any doubt at all, please cancel the lesson, there will be no charge for late cancellations, but please give as much notice as possible, I will do the same.
Just before the lesson
- Before leaving the house for your lesson please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, in line with Government guidance, and put on new/clean disposable gloves (and face mask if required) just before getting into the car.
- Before each lesson the car will be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes on all the areas that are touched inside the car and the outdoor handles.
During the lesson
- You will be also required to wear disposable gloves, please bring your own; I will also be wearing disposable gloves.
- The wearing of a face mask is a personal choice; please bring your own if you want to wear one, I will be wearing one. YOU MUST WEAR A FACE MASK ON TEST!
- The car windows will be slightly open at all times to allow good airflow in and out of the car.
- Visual aids and any training resources will be held up and not passed between the two of us.
- We will not share a pen or other devices where possible.
- We will try to avoid directly facing each other when discussing scenarios; it is safer to face forwards in the vehicle because we cannot maintain being 2 metres apart.
- If I give you a demonstration drive, all the controls will be wiped down before and after the drive.
- Any briefing notes/drivers record cards will be written by me and kept in the car and not given out anymore.
After the lesson
- After each lesson the car will be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes on all the areas that are touched inside the car and the outdoor handles.
- Unfortunately no hand shaking and remember to wash your hands as soon as you get back to your house and dispose of your wipes and gloves responsibly.
- A supply of disposable bin bags will be in the car and all wipes and tissues will be put into the bin bag and changed after each lesson and disposed of responsibly.
- Try not to worry and enjoy your lesson as normal, hopefully you will not be too inconvenienced by all this, it’s for everybody’s safety and it’s really not that bad!